Saturday, April 4, 2009

What a Piece of...

So last weekend, my girlfriend and I decided, well I guess I decided and she just went along with it, to rent Twilight since it was on DVD. I had heard rather mixed reviews so I thought I should check it out for myself. I have never read the books and to be honest I don't really have a huge desire to do so either.

Well, after struggling my way through it I think it's safe to say it's one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. The story had no real flow to it and I thought the acting was more or less pretty weak. I didn't think they did a very good job of developing the relationship between Edward and Bella and their chemistry was pretty weak too. I also felt like the whole storyline with the bad guys was just shoved in there and didn't get a good build up. I'm guessing it's because they had to cut so much from the book to fit it in a two hour movie but it was safe to say both Karli and I didn't like it. In fact, I was tempted turn it off but I thought I should see the end. My brother, after seeing it in the theatre, described it as Dawson's Creek with vampires, and he was bang on the money with that description.

I've been told I should check out the book since everything gets explained better in it but I still really don't have any desire to do so even though I've heard the next book is even better, especially with the introduction of werewolves.

We also watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist last weekend. It was a pretty cute movie and would be something indie hipsters would really like. I did enjoy the music and it was pretty funny. The only thing is that Michael Cera is starting to play the exact same character in every movie. While I do enjoy his work, he's going to get tiresome pretty quickly. I had the same problem with Vince Vaughn.

1 comment:

ICandee said...

Okay, if you end up reading Twilight, I will disown you! I can't believe you watched this movie...LOL Oh Sean, I know you like horror but this is really going to far on the horrific scale. ;)