Friday, January 30, 2009

Right now, I'm sitting at the computer in my girlfriend's place waiting for her to come back from work so we can go on our date night. We're going to try a new place - well new for us, not new as in just opened. It's a Mediterranean restaurant and we both love greek food so we're excited to check it out. I think I've discovered why I like greek food so much though...tzatziki sauce. That stuff is like crack for me. I'd put it on cereal if it was socially acceptable. I don't think there's anything in the world that it doesn't go with. One thing is I need to try something other than gyros. I love them but I need to branch out.

After dinner, we're going to go check out the movie Taken, the new one with Liam Neeson. I love those European action movies from Luc Besson and his crew. They've brought us the Transporter series, Kiss of the Dragon and Unleashed to name a few. Kiss of the Dragon is one of my favourite Jet Li movies. The action is just incredible.

Now I've heard that Taken has been "watered down" for North America but I've talked to a couple people who have seen the European version and they said it wasn't that violent to begin with so I'm guessing they can't have cut out too much. Either way we're both excited to check it out. It was either that or Underworld 3. Thank god she isn't trying to get me to watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I think that one can wait for DVD. I'll be sure to post my thoughts on Taken sometime soon.

As for the rest of the weekend, I'll probably try to catch the UFC tomorrow night with the big fight between GSP and B.J. Penn. As a Canadian, I am obviously rooting for GSP to come out on top. Sunday of course is the Super Bowl. I am rather indifferent to both teams but it would be kind of cool to see the Cardinals pull it off.

Anyways, that's it for me. Hope you all have a great weekend. Next time I'll try to come up with something a little more exciting. lol

One last thing though: GO GSP!!!

2 comments:

CivilWar Fangirl said...

If you're looking for a REALLY good tzatziki, try President's Choice brand (maybe you already have)! It is AWESOME!!! Jeremy and I always have one in the fridge; as you said, it goes with everything! We have it with sweet potatoes, potato chips, bread, asparagus, broccoli (your personal favourite ;)), pizza crust, etc.

Greek food is one of my favourites as well. Unfortunately, there is not a Greek restaurant here in Goderich. Where is the one you're going to? Is it in Kitchener?? Let me know what you think of it, cause if it's good, Jere and I will definitely give it a try next time we're in the area!

I think we're gonna watch some of the Superbowl on my parents new big screen TV.

Hope the restaurant and movie are both good!

Anonymous said...

Since when have you ever been socially acceptable? :P