Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Worst.Blogger.Ever!!

Yep, that's me I'm referring to in the title. It's been over 3 months since I last did a post. I really am the worst blogger ever. Lots has happened in that 3 months though, none of them are excuses though. First and most important is I've got myself a new girl in my life, Karli, who I am totally crazy about...but I'll save you from having to read about my gushings here. I also joined a gym and that is taking up 3-4 nights a week. So far, I am down 15 lbs or so. It's a start and I still have a ways to my goal but I'm getting there. Just need to cut out the junk food a little better.

The main thing though is that when I do have some spare time I've been playing all the great games that have been coming out the last few months. Hollywood as the Summer for it's big titles and the gaming industry has the Fall. So far I've been very pleased with most of the games I've played. Gears 2 was incredible as was expected, Left 4 Dead is one of the best co-op experiences every, Mirror's Edge was a great idea and had it's fun moments but could have been better and Prince of Persia was a great surprise too.

Prince of Persia though is the latest one I've played. I finished it on Sunday. I picked it up on Boxing Day (Canada's version of Black Friday only it's the day after Christmas) for a great deal at $29.99. At that price I couldn't resist.

One of the things I loved the most about this game is the new art style. It's a big departure from the last few Prince games. I also really like how it focused more on the wall running action over combat. There are enemy fights and boss fights, but they only happen once or twice a level. The controls are fairly easy to learn, although there are times where you might hit a button more than you need to and you have to start a chain of actions all over again. Don't worry though, if you fall from a far height your companion Elika will be right there to pick you back up and put you at the last piece of solid ground you were on.

That is one of the points that will divide some gamers on this title....you can't die. Whether it's falling from a far height or you miss press a button during a boss battle, Elika will always be there to save you. Granted you do take a bit of a penalty in the boss battles as their health will be replenished a bit. Having her always there to save you does take away some of the difficulty from the title but I was fine with it overall. I just really loved doing the parkour style action that you get to pull off with the Prince.

I also loved the ending. Make sure you stay through the end credits as the game is not over when you think it is. Overall, I highly recommend you either rent this game or buy it at a price like I did. I finished it under 12 hours and I would be hard pressed to recommend someone buy it at $60.00 though.

Next in the queue is Dead Space. I rented it back in December, but didn't get a chance to finish it but I really liked what I've played of it so far...so I picked it up for a really good price used in an after Christmas sale.

Hope everyone else out there has been enjoying the onslaught of new games as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! lol Way to go on working out on a regular basis! I'm trying to get my butt in gear as well since Toot was not a 50 lb newborn like I was hoping she'd be! :P

Anonymous said...

BTW, you're so good at writing reviews and what not...ever thought of writing for Suite101.com or something?