Sunday, June 21, 2009

E3 impressions wrap-up

Ok, I know it's been about 2 weeks since I started putting down my E3 impressions in writing but then I got busy and sick, so I haven't had a chance to finish it up. That's what I'm going to do now.

Thanks to Nintendo, everyone wants to get into the motion sensing game. Nintendo of course started it all with the Wii but now Microsoft and Sony want to get into the game.

Personally, I think Microsoft's Project Natal is a lot more interesting looking that Sony's magic wand. Just the ability to flip through the dash with the wave of a hand looks pretty damn cool to me. The thing that concerns me of course is price. I'm wondering how much Microsoft is going to be able to seel this thing for. If it's under $200, I'm there for sure.

As for some of the games that the other guys showcased for us, Sony's God of War III is going to be the reason I re-buy a PS3. The first two God of Wars are in my top games of all time list for sure. I even really liked the PSP version.

Nintendo showed off a new Super Mario Bros. for the Wii that looks to be in the same vein as the one on the DS a couple years back, which I absolutely loved. My girlfriend and I are thinking of getting a Wii together and this would probably be one of the first games we get for it. It's definitely a game right up her alley too.

Nintendo also showed us a new Metroid game from Team Ninja, the guys behind Ninja Gaiden. To be honest, it'll be nice to play a new Metroid game that isn't a shooter.

In the end though, I think Microsoft definitely had the best showing this year overall but the other two did have a couple things to pique my interest too.

No comments: